Monday, May 18, 2009

My husband, Tom

Tom loves his balcony. He loves watching the hawks, the doves, and the people downtown. He would rather be on this balcony than anywhere else. He works the NY Times crossword puzzles Thursday through Sunday here, and he smokes a cigar and relaxes here nearly every day. Even in the bitter cold, we get dressed in layers, he puts out heaters or heating pads and we brave the weather. I love spending time out there with him. We've even held umbrellas out there to wait for the rain to pass.Tom works at Texas Greenhouse Company a few miles away on Northside Dr. Sometimes he takes his bike to work and several times he's even walked. We take the dogs walking along this route too. On the other side of this hill is the river. It's a pretty walk along the Trinity River, so when the weather cooperates, it's a fun way to fit a little exercise into the day.

Gollum and I are on the couch in the evenings. This chair belongs to Tom and Artimus. It's a love fest. Artimus will rarely come to bed if Tom is still in the chair.Tom takes care of me and the "boys" very well. He drives us to the dog park sometimes on the weekends. These two pictures were taken at the dog park in Fort Worth, "Fort Woof" on Beach Street inside of Gateway Park.Artimus bonded more closely with Tom than me. I'm not sure why, but I guess Artimus and Tom have similar personalities. Gollum and I like to let Artimus and Tom worry about the big stuff. Thanks for everything handsome husband!

I love you, Tom!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet! He is one fortunate fellow, but you know you are blessed. That makes for a happy pair, (happy family)

    Way to go, great blog, great pictures.

    Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

    I Love You Baby!

    ReplyDelete