Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Do we really want to change this?

When we have a view like this, it's hard to imagine a voluntary move. However, we don't own this, and it's not for sale. I think the financial security of paying on a mortgage sounds reassuring.But, anytime day or night, we have an unbelievable view. We face the east, but we can see the sunsets in the buildings at night. It's the best of both worlds. Sometimes we have a view of the moon. Of course, with the lights of downtown, we can't see many stars, but Tom still manages to name a few constellations every now and then.
Of course, near Christmas, downtown is so bright, there are no stars to be found, but then we have this loveliness to look at. Sometimes the tree is straight, sometimes it looks like a bullet, sometimes it looks like it will fall over. However, the tree is always cool.It's the right time to buy a new place. It's definitely a "buyer's market." I am spoiled. I like the underground parking, the service exceeds anyone's expectations, and we don't have neighbors around very often. They live here only part-time. Some people go to Nantucket half the year; some are in Hawaii; others are in Germany; most have lake houses for the weekend. So, it's private, quiet, and so....what was I complaining about again??


Forget it. I love this place. I love my life.

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you don't have to make those decisions. All you have to do is have an ear to listen while he thinks and talks, and answer when he asks, (because he wants to make sure he will make you happy). Then let your hubby decide what is the best long-term plan for your lives.

    Yes Andrea, I think you should be thankful for what you have. I am glad you recognize that, it does make life a lot nicer for your Smart Sweetie and you.

    I love you (too), Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. My God, what a beautiful blog! Thanks for the sweet trip down memory lane, baby cakes!
    By the way, Vodka asked my to say hi. : )

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  3. You argued the point to yourself by yourself effectively. I can see why you guys like it so much there! Beautiful pictures, great collage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea,
    Gorgeous pictures! What a cute way to make a point!

    Auntie Phiss

    ReplyDelete