Thursday, May 28, 2009

Crouching Artimus Hidden Turtle

This is Trinity Park again, the Duck Pond side. We may need a new name though. We may need a "TP" or turtle park. Our canine explorers discovered a new, strange creature. Not nearly the entertainment value of a squirrel, but fascinating nonetheless.
I didn't know how Artimus and Gollum would react. Artimus takes his first peek. He's thinking "um, is this allright? am i ok? Baroo? Who are you?" He crept a little closer...More importantly, I wasn't absolutely certain the turtle would stick around long enough for the dogs to get a good look. Most of the turtles scattered right away into the water when the dogs ran up. Then their was this hefty dude. He was just minding his own business, being his cold-blooded self and sunning on the side of the pond. Of course, we couldn't leave well-enough alone. I wanted the boys to come check him out. Now I'm starting to wonder why the turtle isn't the least bit unnerved. He's not only calm and unconcerned for his safety....I'm starting to think maybe we are the ones that should be concerned for our safety! I imagine a turtle can snap one of my little dogs legs right in half. "Ok, ok, get a hold of yourself. Banish the thought, and take some funny pictures!" Artimus delivered. He squatted down in the funniest position I've ever seen, and stuck his nose right up the turtle's bottom. Gollum came along, but it takes an awful big production to make him excited about anything. His curiosity lies in creatures that run. Gollum doesn't care about creatures that fly, creatures that walk, and certainly not critters that crawl...or do a whole lot of nothing. This turtle didn't have much to offer Gollum. He took one sniff and walked away. But Artimus is another story. He actually has a little bit of wolf DNA still pumping through that little pea-brain. He was all up in that turtle's business. Finally, the turtle had enough and slid off into the pond. Artimus was a wee bit heartbroken, I think.

3 comments:

  1. Andrea,

    I laughed and just cracked up with this tale! You could write some wonderful children stories based on Artimus and Gollum. These pictures are priceless. I am chuckling again as I post this comment...too cute! My asthma is rattling as I hold in my chuckles.

    Thanks for a good end to my day!

    Auntie Phiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Day In The Life Of "The Boys".

    You really keep boredom from entering their lives. What a neat way to tell such a "still" tale. Boy Andrea, you can really do it. It was very funny.

    I Love You and can't wait to see those sniffy "boys", MomGrandmom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics! Especially the one of Artimus "crouching." Very cute. I cannot believe the turtle stayed there that long, but it gave the boys a good long while to study him!

    ReplyDelete