Saturday, May 2, 2009

Crushing on the Park

I love this park: Green Valley park in North Richland Hills. It greets me more mornings than not and doesn't really care what kind of mood or state of mess I may be in. The boot camp girls meet here along with dozens of regular walkers, joggers, various dogs, some home-schooled kids, and new mommies with strollers.

The park has two ponds; the one nearest the street has ducks, a crane, and some people fish there too. The other, wilder pond in the back has lots of different unique birds, loud toads, and turtles. Karen found a baby turtle buried in the gravel of the kids' playground and returned it to this pond. Squirrels run everywhere. The concrete path around both ponds end up being nearly one mile, so if you can count (I cannot.) it's easy to keep track of your mileage while exercising. This park creates a setting for fun memories, and I'm really impressed with the way NRH keeps it well maintained.





3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a beautiful place. Maybe some day I could meet you, Danell and all the babies out there. Looks like a good place to relax. Who doesn't need that?

    Beautiful pictures.

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be fun. Bear Creek park and Parr park have more shade. As the summer approaches, I bet the kids will need the shade. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic! I love that it has two ponds, the kids would LOVE it... we may have to make ourselves plan a date to go. Nathan will just have to fall asleep in the stroller!

    ReplyDelete