Saturday, May 23, 2009

A blogging mess!

I enjoy writing these blogs, because it fulfills several needs. It meets the required prerequisite of my life: that I write down every little thing that happens to me, because, as we all know, the world revolves around me. Next, I love to write. I've been starting and stopping journal entries from about 6 years old on. At Christmastime, my family would buy different notebooks, fancy diaries with little magnetic lockets, sketch pads, and every writing implement imaginable. I remember one Christmas when my aunt Phyllis bought me 500 pencils. I think that may have happened more than once actually. I was ecstatic. And 500 pencils richer, I still didn't have enough to share, of course. I think the pencils had my name on them and then Aunt Phiss ordered another set that said "School days mean Homework." Markers, pens, crayons...I loved to write --the painting and drawing never really worked out. As I got older, I learned calligraphy and played around with that for about a year. As high school descended on my life, writing became an obsession. Every day, three or four of my friends would expect a "note" detailing what had happened in the last 24 hours. I imagine the notes were something like "My mom picked me up from school. I came home. I did my homework. I ate dinner. I went to bed." I can't imagine it being anything else, but then again I remember writing 10-12 pages of "notes." Weird. We would fold these notes up in intricate shapes with a little corner triangle hanging out that said "pull." The more complicated the folding pattern--the better.

So back to the point: I love to write. Also, I love pictures. The photos in thepioneerwoman.com really make her blog special. Of course, she doesn't use her Iphone. She uses a super special professional camera, but whatever, she's amazing. I have no idea how she keeps up with her web site. I secretly think she has trained blogging monkeys to help her out.
Blogging keeps challenging me with its "techie" ways, but that just adds in a little more fun. Unfortunately, there are some side effects to the "blog flu."
I can't imagine how the apartment got to look this way. I am so tidy; I'm so clean and well organized. This is my side of the bed, nearest the closet. This is Tom's side of the bed, nearest the balcony.
The bathroom looks OK, but I won't get a close-up shot. This is the kitchen; I never leave cabinet doors open. The dogs must have done this.I'm just sparing your eyes. Even Artimus looks a little disappointed in me.
This photo illustrates Artimus' protest against my blogging. He will shred paper towels and newspaper if he disapproves of how I'm spending my time. Of course, I should always be giving him food or affection or finding some game he would enjoy. He expects to "go" somewhere every day. He expects me to produce "SQUIRRELS" out of thin air.
I'm surprised how fun this blog has become. My home might take a hit, but I'll be documenting its demise the entire way!

3 comments:

  1. Andrea,

    Your blogging fulfills more than just your needs...I look forward to the many funny things you write...and of course, I love the pictures...I had forgotten all about the pencils...you must have acquired a love for paper and pencils from me for I love them too! I can't seem to pass up a "cute" notebook for really "feel good on my fingers" pen.

    Love ya,
    Auntie Phiss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not believe how brave you were to confess your obsession. That was almost hilarious! I am SURE you do not let it get out of hand, you are too neat and desire order too much for that.

    These blogs are fun for the whole family. I for one love reading about things that you do. I feel closer to you since I can not see you as often as I would like to.

    Keep up the good work, and just figure out how to tackle the cleaning and the blogging together. If it can be done perfectly, Andrea Joy can do it, of that I am sure.

    I love you, my little writer, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness! I had forgotten about the folding notes with the corner that said "pull!" Do you still remember how to do it? I haven't a clue! Oh, that's too too funny! And the real life shots of your house, yes, brave. Loved the post, great job, Sis :) And... how is it both of us ended up being obsessed with pens and paper products? It's got to be some sort of disease or something. I love it ;)

    ReplyDelete