Monday, May 4, 2009

Finding Fido

Fido Fest kicked off on May 2 at the dog park. Tipps Canine Hollow hosted Fido Fest in North Richland Hills. Oh my gosh, it was so much fun. I understand the whole "cult" thing now. You surround yourself with like-minded crazy people and you're suddenly willing to do things that normally wouldn't be on your agenda... like stand in an hour-long wait line to get a photo of your dogs. I have ten thousand pictures of my dogs; I don't need to wait for an hour and pay $10 to get another ridiculous photo of my dogs. However, I felt sooooo happy!I was enamored with every single dog and their person. I met some of the most reserved people who, with a gentle nudge from their little pooch, would speak "baby talk" to their canine counterpart. I met women who were adorned head-to-toe in dog-related paraphernalia. My car (outfitted with paw prints) fit right in. I saw firefighters dressed in dog costumes, women with dog strollers, canine couture out the waaa-zoo. The NRH fire department showed their support. I think the event must have raised a significant amount of money for the park. They raffled off gift certificates to "Family Video" and other surrounding businesses.


Artimus and Gollum behaved so well; they were constantly getting praised. They tolerate these kinds of events; they put up with me. Over the years, the boys learned to just get through it, get home, then they can crawl back into bed. After all, that's their most natural place to be. Fun times.
Dear Artimus and Gollum, Thanks for letting me drag you out of bed every once in a while!



























4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! Glad you and the boys got to go, I'll bet they did go straight to bed after all that excitement... I love the picture of the whippet(?), love his coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a greyhound, but kindof a small one. I think that's my favorite color too. Italian greyhounds don't come in that color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it sounds like fun, fun, fun! Everybody would love Jacob and Woody. Unfortunately Enoch would have been awful...he has such an attitude with people and other dogs! Grrrr, Grrrr, and shake his bottom at them. Maybe I can attend next year. :)

    Phiss

    ReplyDelete
  4. If all of the Grandbabies could have gone, that would have been a real blast. Sounded like lots of fun.
    The last two pictures were a scream; like: "Mom had all the fun, now we are finally home!"

    Love you all, Looking forward to seeing you soon. - - Mom

    ReplyDelete