Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lunching at the Garden Terrace Room

In our building we have a "party room." This room was recently updated and so I asked my best friend, Laura, if she could come over and bring her three boys to have lunch. Their school had closed because of the swine flu, so it was a good opportunity to squeeze in a lunch before the summer break. Unfortunately, the CDC flip-flopped on their decision, so the older boys had to go back to school. I felt cheated! So disappointed, because for whatever reason, I don't get to see them very often. I completely missed a birthday this past year. I need to be a better "aunt." But anyway, Laura brought over Quizno's sandwiches, and her youngest son ran around the patio until he completely exhausted himself. Isn't he completely adorable?! He just got his first haircut, so he looks so grown up now and pretty much exactly like his oldest brother. The weather turned out very nice. If you were the type of person who could suntan (and not burn), it was perfect. Of course Laura always looks tan and pretty. Me? I am not the suntan kinda girl. I'm white as a ghost except for all the brown marks...lovingly named liver spots by the genius dermatologists. (insert sarcasm here) I had so much fun.
Thank you, Laura! Thanks for driving all the way to downtown; thanks for the sandwiches and bringing your handsome little guy. He's such a cutie pie.


3 comments:

  1. Sound like you had a great time. Another nice friend with a beautiful boy.

    I beg to differ with the dermatologist, those spots are SUN SPOTS. They came on you because you were out in the sun without protection, or enough protection. I refuse to call them liver spots. If you had a nice doctor, he/she would have told you that. Oh well, I guess I will believe what I want to believe. (I am not getting any older either!)

    Beautiful pictures of your veiw.

    Love you, (sun goddess in your younger years), Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that looks fun! Glad Ace(?) got to run around... makes me think my kids would have a blast. Party/Terrace room looks fantastic, we'll have to do that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that was Ace. Good memory Danell!

    ReplyDelete