Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Braces be gone

I'm so sick of braces. My first trip to the orthodontist office was in December of 2004. I don't know anyone who was promised a 2 to 2 1/2 year treatment plan...and it's ends up being over 4 1/2 years. I'm tired of not smiling in pictures. Wow, this picture is very, very old. It was taken in the summer of 2005. Wow! Look how fat I am! And Tom still liked me?! Those are some blubbery arms. whew.I could just take a friend's advice and "embrace" the situation and smile in pictures and lend up looking like a goon. Oh the pain in those days, It was much worse. Sometimes I couldn't even chew my food, which might have been a really good thing looking at the size of those jeans. Ick!
A little face powder might have prevented the "oil slick" look here. It could have been slightly less offensive. But I was so proud of Gollum for making it through his obedience class, I just couldn't cover up the grin.

My nephew, Mark, took a picture of this goofiness.


I am indeed ready to put this to rest. Please let me eat without breaking rubberbands and getting food stuck in the strangest places. Please let me speak without spitting. Please let me choose my food options without wondering and worrying what the inevitable mess it will cause. Please let me smile and laugh without the brace face! Thank you very much.

3 comments:

  1. But didn't you know you look beautiful with them on?

    Wow, what a humble person you are.

    I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,

    One day you will look in the mirror as you are brushing your teeth and say "Wow, you look good...Hmmm, the braces did that?...I think I will smile again!"

    Auntie Phiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations on your patience & persistance sweetheart!! You look beautiful!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete