Saturday, July 11, 2009

A tropical paradise on the Southside

South Fort Worth must have been where the first homes in the area were built. Many homes are protected by the historical society. historicfortworth.org
I just discovered that old houses can be really, really cool. Plus, older neighborhoods have beautiful grown-up trees. I drove around this area looking at the homes and practically all the streets were shaded because of all the mature trees. I got a tour from my friend of her home, and these are photos of her backyard. From her upstairs bedroom, it actually feels like you are in a treehouse. It's so pretty.


What a backyard! Hot tub..check ....Wet bar, check. Privacy, oh yes. Every inch covered in meticulous detail....absolutely. She has created quite a peaceful place to relax. What a gardener! I am fairly certain I will never gain the knowledge or skills to come close to her creative genius. She and her husband restore these historical homes from the ground up. They do ALL the work themselves. She's got talent.


She also has an adorable cocker spaniel. I guess I didn't get a picture, because I can't hold my camera and hold an adorable puppy dog at the same time. She tried to sidetrack me by taking home a kitten that had been rescued. Pretty clever girl. Anyway, what an interesting look into the Southside of Fort Worth. Thanks Barbara!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What beautiful scenery. It makes for very interesting photos! I can't imagine having a backyard like this... how wonderful! Where does the stone walkway lead to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI: I love cockers, I need photos! Future post material, great!!!!

    ReplyDelete