Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Duckling obsession

My blog allows confessions not unlike the Catholic tradition, except I don't really have to do anything except type. Ok, so here goes: I haven't been taking my Prozac for my OCD. I haven't been taking my diet pills and I've stopped drinking alcohol. For some reason, I feel fantastic, but the obsessions/compulsions have taken over. Here's an example of a cute obsession. I love the new flock of ducklings and imagine taking the "perfect" picture of them...
Of course, other compulsions have re-emerged. I need to stockpile toilet paper and laundry detergent to a ridiculous degree. I need all my canned goods grouped properly and facing outward with smaller cans stacked strategically on larger cans.
My mind races with potential illnesses or diseases I could easily acquire.
My legs wouldn't stay still last night nor the night before, so I'm convinced I have "restless leg syndrome."
OK, but you gotta agree, this photo is coming close to pretty close to perfect: a little sky, plenty of green, perfectly in focus...
Also, the counting has begun again. I'm counting signs, like gas station signs in particular. The smudges on the walls caused by fingerprints are really getting to me....even if I don't do anything about it.
Counting the ducklings is an exercise in depression, because the number usually goes down every few days.
I'm starting to worry about irrational things that I cannot control. Ok, so I'll get on the Prozac again, but the others can wait. They can wait a long, long time.
Hello Prozac, you handsome fellow.... "Get. in. my. Belleh" (movie, anyone?)

4 comments:

  1. Put the baby in my belly. Austin Powers Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second and third photos are my favorite! Also, the really close up of the two babies is good. I can't believe all the babies! There are so many and they're so cute :)

    Stockpiling toilet paper and detergent doesn't sound so bad, nor does the perfect can positioning (I would do that myself:), but the leg thing sounds annoying! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm... most of the stuff you said is SO me. Stacking cans, stockpiling goods... So let's just call it being neat, tidy and practical! :)

    David has restless leg. It keeps him up in the middle of the night and makes it hard to go to sleep. Sometimes he has to get up and just try to walk it off.

    I do not count gas station signs. But I do have this weird compulsion where things have to be aligned and steps have to be even. I like to look at those aspects of myself as having attention to detail and being unlazy enough to make things "right" around this crazy house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok first of all, how can life not be alright when you're wearing a crown? (love the new pic)

    and second i think we all have a few of those quirks you mentioned above it's just that you are brave enough to admit some of yours.

    i like things to make sense and be organized in certain areas of my life too and there's nothing wrong with that.

    besides who wants to run out of TP or laundry detergeant and isn't it nice to glance in your pantry and know exactly what you'll need from the store because you've got it all together?

    outline the postive it glows brighter than the negative and always looks prettier anyway :)

    enjoy your hump day,

    nicole

    ReplyDelete