Thursday, July 30, 2009

Gollum's an "only child" today

He's so ron-ree. so very ron-ree. Ok, so that's from "Team America." Tom and I are probably the only people who have seen that movie. We thought it was hilarious. So, Gollum loves Artimus far more than the reverse. In fact, I can't think of another time that they have been separated. Artimus lived with us for about a year before Gollum, but of course, Gollum has never been without the three of us. He's such a baby and looks to his older brother for everything. Gollum feels lost without Artimus. I took the trash out one time with Artimus and left Gollum inside. When Artimus and I came back into the apartment, Gollum was howling. He was so sad that we left without him. He was all over Artimus and barely looked at me when we walked through the door.
You would think he would love this chance.
Gollum gets all the attention today, whether he wants it or not. I think he's getting a little tired of me, but I never get this opportunity!Here we are driving home from the vet. Dr. Daniels is cleaning Artimus' teeth today, and dental cleanings are an all-day procedure. So, Gollum gets to ride in my lap on the way home instead of the cage in the back of the car. He loves to ride up front.
When we got home, I decided to give Gollum a treat. I ate most of the chicken from this bag, then gave Gollum the rest. He got his head stuck in the bag. Of course, I thought this was HIGH-larious!
Once I rescued him from the bag that was attacking his face, I gave him a big kiss. I think he kinda looks afraid of what the day will hold.
I love you Gollum! And I promise ... Artimus will be home soon.

5 comments:

  1. Our dilemma is how to spoil him, without artimus catching on.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! You made him suffer while you took the time to take a pic of the bag on his head? Ummmm... sounds like me with my kids! (don't tell anyone!!)

    On a similar note, I LOVE the times when I am with just one of my kids, they get all the attention and I seem to dote on them much more! but they don't get to ride in my lap in the car, although they would SO love it!

    So I totally understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so ronery so ronery so ronery and sadry arone. got no body just me only sittin on my wittle fwone. i work weally hard and make up gweat pwans nobody wistens no one understands . . .

    we thought we were the only ones :)

    on fourth of july i got in trouble for singing (to my spouse very quietly) AMERICA blank YEAH! COMING TO SAVE THE . . . well you get the idea!

    what were we talking about? oh yeah the boys. the bag on his head is priceless, poor guy. i'm sure they will be so happy to be reunited tomorrow. and you'll love their fresh breath!

    have an awesome friday!

    nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea,

    I kiss my babies too! They love it! I love it! We have such sweet babies...don't we.

    Auntie Phiss

    ReplyDelete