Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Princess and the Pea

I went to my first children's play since i-don't-know-when...It was "The Princess and the Pea" starring Callaway! She played a dust bunny, and it made you smile for sure. We couldn't take a video, and they didn't allow flash photography, but I got a few pictures after the play ended.
Callaway practiced every day for several hours along with other actors, and she really did well.
I believe she made some friends, and I'm absolutely sure she had a lot of fun.
Her sister, Casey, brought some flowers to deliver to Callaway at the end of her performance. The picture below shows Casey waiting for Callaway to change out of her dust bunny costume.
From left to right: Whitney, Casey, and Callaway
Callaway had the cutest face paint and both the girls were sporting pink highlights in their hair. (I think they called them "streaks.") It was super cute.
Whitney's Mom supported her granddaughters, and I'm happy she let me take a picture of the three of them. Isn't that the sweetest picture ever?!
I had to get a picture with the girls too. Here we are leaving the big performance.
Thanks for inviting me to see "Princess and the Pea!" It was very sweet!

5 comments:

  1. hooray for you. with the exception of my mom and sister we don't have any family to ever come to our kids programs. this is usually not such a big deal, but the kids get really excited when they have special guests, even Kelsey.

    anyway, my besties mel, beau, andrew, and stacey (when she's in town) always come to my kids programs and support them and that means so much!

    you are a super friend.

    have an awesome weekend,

    nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole--where do you guys live? Maybe we should get together sometime. I bet my boys would love your Molly girl.

    email me: andreabenua@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kid productions are so fun!

    Hey, where are your pink streaks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even imagine how cute this was to watch! And Callaway is such a doll! I loved that Whitney and Casey got her flowers, so sweet and special :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know; I want pink streaks, but pink and red together? oooooo no. barf. maybe green streaks around Christmastime ...that would be funny! blue and red for July 4th.... Marsha, you've given me some great ideas! =)

    Danell--it was super cute; you gotta remind me when the kids are in any plays at church or wherever.

    ReplyDelete