Tuesday, July 21, 2009

School friends

Hai Ly graduated Castleberry High School in 1993 with me. Since then we had not kept in touch. He teaches music at a school and is working to expand the program. Thanks to Facebook, we met up again. He lives in New York, NY, but came back to Fort Worth to visit his parents, and thankfully to catch up with some old friends.
These are a couple of friends Hai knows from college.
I wish I could remember their names....I remember they were very, very kind.
I can't believe it had been nearly 17 years since I talked with Hai. We were always in the elementary spelling bee contests together. Hai won all the time. Thankfully he let me "quiz" him, so I felt slightly useful. He went on to graduate the valedictorian and made it look super easy.
The same week he was in town we visited the Modern Arts Museum together. Hai brought two of his nieces. We were very fortunate to arrive on a day where admission is free and they have a special tour for children. We arrived at the perfect time to take advantage of both.
This is Gollum looking at me from outside of Billy Miners. While Hai was in town, Tom and I had to introduce him to our little boys of course.
Tom brought them over so that we could see them.
From left to right: Arnie and Stephanie White Martinez, Tom, and Hai. Stephanie was able to go to the museum with us as well. This was taken outside of Billy Miners though. We had a great time, and I hope Hai can visit again soon, ...because as we all know....I do not travel! Thanks for making the long trip back to the sweltering heat of Texas, Hai!

4 comments:

  1. Good pics, so glad you guys had fun catching up! Stephanie's sister, Natalie, is on my facebook :)

    BTW, What's up with your new profile pic?????!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, he looks almost the same-- well, except bigger and more mature and all!

    How fun to get together with friends. :) We'll have to get together with Stephanie the next time I come up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, love your new profile pic Princess Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures Sweetie. I could not see Stephanie real well, but Hai looked nice and of course Tom was the most handsome of all the men!

    I am heading back out to the farm after stopping by the house to put a load of clothes in the washer. My phone died so I am going to get a new one and head out to the country. I do not know how long I will be there, as long as I can, I think. Really loving it.

    I could not do it if Danell did not help me out like she does, but - - -I CAN!

    I am really behind and will continue to be on the blogs, but I will read every one of them.

    Love you, rushing out the door, - MOM

    ReplyDelete