Friday, July 17, 2009

Photo shoot at my sister's house

Here I am at my sister's house trying to figure out how far away from the camera we need to sit to get a good shot. I love it when I re-discover how to use a particular function on my camera (or cellphone, or car radio, or microwave, or computer, or any of these electronic technical gadgets designed to make our life easier) ... In this case, I knew how to use the self-timer on my camera about a year ago when we bought it. But then I immediately forgot how to use it. In the last couple of weeks, I stumbled upon it again. Since I always complain about how moms/wives take pictures of everyone else, but never of themselves, I decided to remedy the situation when I visited my sister's house last week. So here we go, an all-out assault of photos using the self-timer precariously positioned on the edge of the dog cage as I set it then scoot on my bottom as quickly as possible to reposition in the line of photographic fire...Me holding Nathan, and Mark and Leah getting in the act.
Whoops, I didn't quite back up enough...I missed my "mark" hahaha Mark! Whew.
Leah is mesmerized by the blinking red light I believe. Danell is in the background wondering if I'm really gonna try to get everyone "in" on the photo shoot.
Here we go...Leah and I are getting the hang of the set, scoot, and shoot maneuver.
Here is a random wrestling move I had to capture in the meantime.
Leah is showing me her pink scooter and pink dog named Sparkle she got on her recent 3rd birthday.
Artimus tries to figure out what the heck is going on...
Leah shows her technical expertise in the wrestling department.
Nathan sure seems to be getting the brunt of the wrestling showdown.
I guess that's what the "baby" has to endure.

Finally! Nathan isn't being attacked by his older siblings.
Uh oh. Spoke too soon. Here comes a flying pillow to the face. Mark decided to start a pillow fight with a baby who doesn't throw back. =)
Will you PLEASE examine the expression on Leah's face here?! Oh my.
Nathan can't catch a break.

Awwww. It's all fun and games really.
Now, we are getting down to business with the family photo shoot. Leah does NOT want a kiss from me! Mark makes his funny face.
Here's a perfect picture of Danell; I need to speed up my "scooting"--Leah and Mark look a little fed up with things. Actually I think I accidently smashed Leah's finger when I rushed over to get in the shot.
Major "FAIL" moment:
AWWW! Now, I just stayed out of this one.
This turned out all right. I really wanted Artimus and Gollum to get in the photos.
I think this one might be my favorite. Nathan is doing the Austin Power's move.
Gollum is just never photogenic. But the photos were super fun. We should try it again someday. Thanks Danell!

6 comments:

  1. That was a fun ride. Enjoyed all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,

    OK, Grammy has to get some things straight. 1. Nathan CAN throw things back. That was a very surprising thing I found out last week when we played ball. A child closing in on seventeen months old USUALLY does not have such skills, but my grandbaby does!, he has ball throwing skills, - WOW! He is really a neat baby, what a personality!

    2. I wanted to give you an FYI. Leah's "look" was a - "get ready Nathan, I am fixing to pounce on you". I just bet after the picture, - it happened.

    It is amazing how great they all play together. I really love to see it. Do you know it reminds me of another family who played well together also? The difference was two girls ganged up on one boy ! ! ! ! (Or so the stories I have heard.)

    Loved the photo "show", missed tries and all!

    A DELIGHT!

    To give you another tidbit of "Grandma's" thoughts, - I think the "boys" realized they have taken back seat to the three little munchkins, therefore they did not want to show their photogenic side, - did not want to work for you since you are not giving them THE attention. Well, what is is worth, you have it.

    Love you my "Photo-loving Princess", Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for setting me straight Mom! You are right. Nathan can throw, but it was impossible to catch those pillows. Thankfully, Nathan thought it was funny. Leah's expression was good natured after all. You are correct. And my boys certainly didn't want to get in the middle of that wrestling match. Thanks for my new nickname. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED THE PICTURES! You got so many good ones. I could go through and tell you which ones I really liked and why, but it would take too long. I'm sure this blog took you a long while to write, but thanks for the awesome effort, it turned out great! Your favorite one of us all is my favorite too, it came out super good! One of my favorite words fits this post... awesomeness!!! :)

    Of course, I'm just a little bitty bit partial on this one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that is so fun and funny!

    BTW, perfect Dr. Evil expression for sure-- although there is nothing evil about that cute little boy! :)

    I have honestly never given a thought as to whether or not a dog was photogenic. Interesting... Now I feel like I need to go outside and take pics of my dogs-- well, tomorrow when it's daytime anyway.

    Hey, I forgot to get a picture of you and me the other day! Ah well. Next time for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very sweet post, my gosh nathan looks as big as you in those pictures, he is growing in leaps and bounds!

    have a great week-end

    nicole

    ReplyDelete