Monday, July 13, 2009

Melissa

Melissa is Tom's 25-year-old daughter. She is a daughter to be very proud of. She has travelled to Israel and sent us this photo.In her own words: "So far, I've been to Jerusalem and
> the western wall, Masada, the Dead Sea, the Negev desert, and now Tel
> Aviv and the mediterranean! Tonight were at a Kibbutz, which is sort
> of like a coop, and tomorrow is the Golan Heights and rafting on the
> Jordan River!
>
> I'm having a great time here, though I'm super worn out from all the
> hiking, and looking forward to shabbat! I've made a ton of friends and
> seen a ton of sights. I'll send more pics when I get home, but in the
> meantime I've attached one from Jerusalem. That's the Old City behind
> me. If you look carefully in the upper left you can see the Dome of
> the Rock!"

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I don't think I'll ever travel overseas. My vacations are limited to the USA! Thanks for sharing the pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was nice to see a picture of Melissa.

    As much as I would love to see those sight she is seeing, I do not want to travel that far from home. I hope she sends you more photos you can share with us.

    Thanks, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. JEALOUS!!!!

    OMG, we are super jealous! Jere and I would give away a child to go overseas (JT-Kelsey, Blythe, Jackson, Isabel, and Ella-Sophie). When Jere graduated we had an opportunity to go to Germany and teach in a DOD school. Our oldest had a cow, she wanted to graduate from HS with her friends.

    Now 15 months later and she says, "why did you listen to me, you never listen to me mom?"

    Oh well, God has special and ever changing paths for each of us so who knows where we might be next. :)

    Hooray Melissa, thanks for letting us live vicariously through you! Best of luck, stay safe, shalom :)

    jere and nicole

    ReplyDelete