Monday, June 15, 2009

Summertime with the Vigils

Laura and her three sons invited me to have lunch with them at their local kids' water park. It's only about a foot deep and two full-time lifeguards are on duty at all times. I think this was the first summer that Cash was old enough to go play on his own. He is already 6 years old and almost as tall as Tanner.Tanner is 10 years old and takes care of his 2-and-a-half-year-old brother, Ace, really well.
Ace wanted to go down the blue slide, but Tanner helped him. It was super cool to watch how careful Tanner was with his little bro.
Of course I was jumping from umbrella to umbrella to try to avoid the mean-ole' sun. The sun is not kind to my white-as-a-ghost skin. Laura and I found a perfect spot where she could get a tan, and I could be safely shadowed by this big yellow umbrella.
The three boys behaved beautifully as usual. Cash is on the left, then Ace, then Tanner.
Thanks for letting me join you guys. I had a great time! ...and yay...no sunburn!!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Love you Sweetie, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a picture of all the boys, although you've talked about them so much! They do look a lot alike, very cute! Water parks look really fun, but I don't like being around that many people. I guess the kids will have to be content with our backyard and the farm for their "water park" experiences!

    ReplyDelete