Saturday, June 6, 2009

First day in the pool



Thank you Whitney!I got to enjoy my first day in the pool with my friends Karen, Whitney, Casey, and Callaway.  And for an extra big boost of fun, Whitney let me bring Artimus and Gollum over as well!
Artimus thought he really wanted to join in the fun, but it was just a tad bit too scary...
Callaway and Casey helped me to get them accustomed to the water.  Little by little he became comfortable with the idea.  They kept holding him closer and closer to the edge of the pool, then moved into the shallow end and let him get his feet wet.  I couldn't resist getting some pictures, even if it meant holding my iPhone over the water...Yikes!
I don't think I got a single photo of Gollum, because he was so "OVER" it.  He clearly was not as enamored with the whole swimming and sunning idea as the rest of us were.  He tried to go inside every time someone opened the door.  He's not exactly a rugged outdoor-sy type.  
Everyone seemed to want to interact with Artimus; he wasn't nearly as aloof as Gollum.
Thank you to Whitney and her girls for inviting us into their super cool home and making us feel so welcome.
Look!  I think that's Casey doing a handstand in the pool.  Her feet were out of the water!
This is Karen and I before we decided to start diving right in...literally!
And then finally... Artimus couldn't help himself.  He jumped right in.  Callaway  even got him to bark and growl at her goggles as she bobbed up and down in the water.  So funny!

3 comments:

  1. What fun!

    Oh my, (oops, your) adventursome Artimus. So nice he finally decided to get in on the fun. I am sure it made the day more fun for the children also. (I know you liked having them with you.)

    Andrea, how can you handle all of that fun?

    Lovin you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally looks like you guys had so much fun. Cute pics of the girls holding Artimus. Maybe Gollum will join you next time?

    ReplyDelete