Friday, June 19, 2009

KFC run

Here we go: a late-night, gotta-have-fried-chicken KFC run. We all load up in Tom's car, and the dogs must know we are up to no good.I tried to make fried chicken at home one day. I had great intentions. I was gonna make a stay-at-home fried chicken that we could refrigerate and eat cold, or rip it apart to make a fried chicken salad, or tear it up for some yummy crunchy chicken-salad sandwiches. I had high-in-the-sky-apple-pie hopes.
I nearly burned the place down. The building had to evacuate. All the sirens went off. Tom made me promise to never, ever try that again. I agreed.
The unbelievably excessive amount of smoke convinced the security guards there was fire in the apartment. I had these uniformed "officers" searching my place for what must have been a raging bonfire. Nope. Just a greasy, oily, smoky chicken mess. It filled up the entire hallway. I don't have pictures of any of this marvelous occasion; I was a little embarrassed. Sad for my babies who didn't know whether to be completely freaked out or wait for the possible "chicken gone bad, hand over to dogs" scenario.
Instead, these are the photos of us riding down in the elevator to get to the cars and drive to KFC which will be much less expensive and taste better than whatever I could concoct in the kitchen. Why not just leave fried chicken to the experts....KFC, Church's, Chicken Express...they know what they're doing.

Thanks for the fun Chicken Run, hubby. What a yummy, stick-to-your-tummy meal!

4 comments:

  1. Not fair... I'm hungry and this makes me want fried chicken! Usually we get Church's, there's one in Saginaw and we haven't had it in ages! What a fun thing to do with the whole family. Now tell me, Andrea, did the boys get any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that made me laugh!

    Tom looks like that "scared the chickens/dickens" out of him. (Artimus looks like he was not very happy either.) Poor boys.

    That is a real surprise to me, that my little "Chef Andrea" could not conquer the chicken.

    That seems like Tom, to make a catastrophe into an adventure, (lets go find the "good" fried chicken).

    My advice is, - don't give up, - just try again - at someone else's house!


    Have a great weekend. Love you all, MomGrammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea,

    This is absolutely too funny! Dad wanted fried chicken and yep I went to Church's. Great minds run in the same channels...let the experts to do! I prefer the chicken tenders from Walmart...oh my goodness....sooooo good.

    Love ya,
    Auntie Phiss

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dogs didn't get any KFC (to my knowledge)--We took the trash immediately out, because we don't trust those two with chicken. I made them some boneless, skinless chicken in the oven to compensate for their loss! =)

    ReplyDelete