Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Cigar Store

I think the store is named "Tobacco Lane" but we never call it that.Tom makes trips to the cigar store every once in a while between shipments from New York. I smoked a cigar nearly every night for about seven years then just quit last December. To this day, I haven't met another woman who ever smoked a cigar.
There's definitely something to it. It lends itself to contemplation and conversation.

The store was especially cold inside on this day, so I sat on the curb outside and waited for Tom.
He's always making me laugh. I love it.
Bye bye for now cigar store!


2 comments:

  1. Our store in Abilene is called "the leaf". It has similar qualities to yours.

    I smoke cigars every winter with jere as he smokes his pipe. We cuddle up on our swing outside under an old quilt and contemplate "serious" world issues and shoot the breeze in our own special condescendinly BS'y way we have about us ;D

    On the weekends we have friends that partake as well. I love the taste and especially the smell. Mostly I just love the whole laid back atmosphere it exudes.

    I just bought jere some special "nightcap" blend for our anniversary.

    Blessings,

    nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How cool. I've had some of the best times with Tom while smoking cigars. We still have "cigar time" almost every evening. It just doesn't include me smoking one. I agree it definitely creates a laid back "the world is just fine" atmosphere. We pretend to philosophize. I seriously doubt that is a word, but I have a feeling you know what I mean. Fun times, noodle salad...as Jack would say in "As Good as It Gets" =)

    ReplyDelete