Saturday, December 12, 2009

Mallory and being ill

Mallory wants undivided attention; Mallory wants treats; Mallory needs food; Mallory needs discipline and structure. Mallory wants and needs what every puppy wants and needs, and who knows this more than me?! Of course, I know that I birthed this baby out of my very own body...Ok, no I didn't ... I bought her. I bought her, but it was more like an adoption, really. I could not love her more than if she actually came out of my loins. Ok, so not as to get any creepier, let me redirect the focus to her current struggles.Mallory does not completely understand when I am ill. I never get sick. At least that has been my motto/tagline for the last three or more years. I don't even pretend to understand what it's like to be out of the rat race. I am a morning person, and I am super responsible, and I don't fail to take care of my babies (including you, Tom)...but, the dang sinus infection coupled with laryngitis and mild fever really got me down. I've been struggling with insomnia and a couple of undisclosed ailments for a while, but when they all combine, I'm OUT. I'm unable to live up to my own expectation. So..... Big Big puppy doesn't understand. I shoved a bunch of dog food and treats into the kong, but she really wants the shoes. I took this picture while lying in bed and pretending I didn't care what happened with my shoes or our new house. We can always fix the carpet and baseboards and shutters, right?
When you feel as poorly as I did, these things cross your mind. Thanks to Tom, I knew that I would get some sort of break by 5pm. Our baby Mallory loves her daddy. You can't blame a puppy for puppy energy. She has LOTS of energy. Momma can't keep up sometimes.
We will be back to our 3 mile runs any day now sweet munchkin! I love you, Mallory.

3 comments:

  1. We are so used to being spoiled by the greatest wife and mom on the planet, that we sometimes take you for granted. You know we love you!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will be fine soon, You are too healthy to be down long. Just get a big hug from Mallory and ask Artimus and Gollum to comfort you, the smiles they will put on your face will work down your whole body.

    The best medicine is to get Tom to keep saying those sweet words. It would do wonders for me.

    Is there anything I can do? Text me.

    I Love My "Under the Weather Girl", Mom - (text me)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, Tom! How sweet.

    You were cracking me up about the whole birthing thing... I'm glad you stopped before I got creeped out, though! hehehe ;)

    Hope you feel better super soon, Andrea! Ummm... 3 mile runs? I don't think I've ever felt well enough to do that. Not in my entire life! YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete