Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas morning 2009



We went to sleep at about 9pm on Christmas Eve, but both of us woke up around midnight to say "Merry Christmas"--I fell back asleep on the couch until 3:30 am, before we both got up to brush our teeth and go to bed. We were so excited from playing in the snow and blizzard. I slept until 5:15 am, and wanted to watch the local news to see all about the road conditions and weather-related stories. I had to watch the Weather Channel until 6am when the local news came on. It was so interesting. About one hundred miles west on I-20 near a town called Eastland, over 100 cars were stranded on the freeway. Their tires were actually frozen to the pavement. The local police and emergency vehicles were taking food, water, and gasoline to the people who did not want to abandon their vehicles in favor of a shelter. All the hotels were booked, so local churches and even some private homes were opening their doors to the stranded motorists. At about 7am, I crawled back into bed under the electric blanket, and immediately started worrying about the dogs needing to pee and poop. Snoozed until about 7:30 where Tom and I both did tag team with the dogs going out the back door then front door. Like coaches, we were cheering them on. Tom got Gollum to pee, while I waited on Mallory to poop about three times, ending in diarrhea. Poor baby. I think I gave her too many treats last night while she was outside with us in the blizzard.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful kids to make precious prints in the snow.

    Have a wonderful and cozy Saturday.

    Love the "Beautiful Benua's", MomGrandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a great post. I was no where near awake for the early news so thanks because I had no idea about the people stuck. That isn't a great way to start Christmas!

    Hope you and your family had a great day yesterday. We have one more Christmas to go today. Mike keeps making jokes that we are in the movie "Four Christmases". The kids are so excited!

    Hope to see you next week!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete