Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kooking with Karen



Chicken Enchiladas

Rotisseri chicken - I use honey jalapeno when I can find it. If not use the backyard grill one. Shred the chicken.
1 pound white american cheese from deli - to melt
can of rotel
cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup diced onions
Melt the above in saucepan
Heat corn tortillas in wet dishtowel in microwave for one minute.
Spread 1/2 cup cheese mixture on bottom of casserole dish so enchiladas don't stick
Put shredded chicken sprinkled with chedder cheese in tortilla and roll. Place enchiladas fold side down. Pour cheese mixture over entire casserole. Use extra cheese for dip! Cover casserole with foil and bake for 25 minutes at 350.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds so YUM! I'm going to have to try that... but David and the boys don't do Rotel (or tomatoes of any kind unless it's ketchup... and let's face it, ketchup would ruin that dish!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I am going to have to stop letting you take pictures of me!

    Everyone who has eaten these enchiladas will swear they are better than any they have had at a restaurant. Larry comes over for the leftovers! Super delicious and super easy!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen--shut it. That is a super cute picture of you, and Danell said she really liked your haircut.

    So there.

    (and thanks for letting me take your picture!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this does sound yummy... anything with that much cheese has to be good. I like the idea of using the rotisseri chicken, makes it so easy! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will have to try that one Andrea. I think I will get good reviews. Thank you.

    Love you, My Sweet, - Mom

    ReplyDelete