Friday, September 4, 2009

Kooking with Karen

This might be my favorite photo ever. I lovingly call Karen "Moe" ....if you know her, you can ask her what it stands for. However, I was convinced it was the perfect nickname after looking into these eyes. I'm guessing she wasn't happy to go to school on this particular day.Well, she grew up, then learned how to make the yummiest meals. And now, she shares:
Thanks Karen!



Nacho Potato Casserole
by Karen McCall Kimble

Grab a box of Hungry Jack mild jalapeno cheddar potatoes
The side of the box has the recipe
1 lb lean meat
1 jar salsa
1 pk hungry jack potatoes
2 tbsp butter
2 cups boiling water
2/3 cup milk
1/2 sour cream
3 cups broken nacho flavored chips
1 cup colby and monterey jack cheese blend
Spray no-stick spray into baking dish, heat oven to 425
Brown 1 pound beef/turkey in skillet
add 1 jar, 16oz, salsa to meat in skillet when cooked
Combine potatoe slices, sauce packet, butter and boiling water in medium bowl. Stir milk and sour cream. Sprinkle 2 cups tortilla chip pieces in prepared dish. Pour in potato mixture. Spoon beef mixture on top. Cover with foil.
Bake 35 minutes or till potatoes are fork tender. Remove foil. Combine 1 cup tortilla chips and cheese. Sprinkle over top. Bake 10 minutes uncovered to melt cheese. LEt stand 5 minutes. Garnish as desired

4 comments:

  1. Sounds yumee. Now I know how you have become such a good cook; It's who you know!

    Love you my "Cooking Cutie", Mom

    P.S. Karen's picture was so cute. Looks like she might have been the kind of girl that was a little too active to keep her hair-do. - Glad she's 'a - cookin" now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my ghooooosssssshhhhhhhh. I have to think of a great revenge. This is terrible! The recipe is delicious but the pic is horrendous! I am cracking up. I had the "look" from the beginning I guess!

    HYSTERICAL
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. she seems to be scheming... Planning some sort of vengence

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THAT PICTURE! A girl with a picture like that will always grow up to be fun and interesting. :) Think about it and you know it's true.

    ReplyDelete