Sunday, April 26, 2009

Snail Mail











I happen to be a huge fan of the postal system. I love mail...the old-fashioned kind. I'm that person that loves to send greeting cards for all kinds of different occasions. My favorite part of Christmas involves the creation of our family greeting card. I love to take pictures and mail them to anyone I've ever known. Hey, at least it's not a bill or collection agency, right? It's something you can actually hold in your hand knowing that I've thought of you....whether you wanted me to or not. I love the idea that I can hand write something on a piece of paper and that for about 42 cents someone will hand deliver it to almost anyone anywhere. It's so personal. That's still pretty darn cool to me. As a kid, I really loved pen pals from other parts of the country, but I was always the one writing, hoping in vain (usually) that I would get a letter in return. Maybe this whole blogging, texting, Facebook stuff will eventually take the place of it, but the joy I get from sending and receiving actual snail mail will probably always remain.



Having explained my fascination for the USPS, you can bet surprise gifts arriving in the mail thrills the dickens outta me. (What are dickens?) My thoughtful husband likes to surprise me. About half the time, he will spoil the "surprise" part, because he's just so excited he has to tell me. But this time, he REALLY surprised me! For no particular reason or occasion, I got some great swag in the mail. How fun! Thanks sweetheart!
The T-shirts fit great, and the sign just cracks me up. The whole idea....an Italian greyhound who guards. hahahahahahaha YES! Because they are just so ferocious! LOL I'm so amused. Now, my biggest problem of the moment (as I see it), and since this is the most narcissistic thing to do. to blog. my perspective is the only one out there, right? So, as I see it, my biggest problem is where to put the darn thing. It makes sense to put it on our front door. Only 4 or 5 other people will EVER see it there. It's SOOO funny, I kinda want to put it in my car window. Yes, I think it will have to go in my car so the whole world can appreciate it. Tom, you made my day. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Andrea,

    I am like you! I love the old time mail system. There is nothing like that personal touch. I always cards and pictures.

    Auntie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fantastic surprise! I agree, getting things in the mail is very cool and extremely fun. I like email and comments on my blog, but I'm thinking snail mail beats them both! ... You could put your sign in your car window for a while, then put it on your door at home, and just rotate it to different places as the fancy hits you!

    ReplyDelete