Thursday, April 23, 2009

The "female" appointment

Does anyone look forward to the dreaded gynecological appointment? Um, NO. I have to admit that some doctors have figured out that stirrups and cold instruments scream uncomfortable. I've had so many doctors. One asked me a really personal question, ...so NO. One complimented my breasts. Um, in-a-ppro-pri-ate. One put the copper IUD thing-y inside me which caused a really violent, unpleasant reaction. My sweet husband had to deal with THAT all night until he could rush me back the next day to have it removed. (Thank you for taking care of me, Tom!) One doctor forever overbooked herself, so I took naps in the waiting room when there weren't crying babies involved. That just got old. So I've settled on a doctor that my primary care physician referred me to. I've been really happy. Dr. Atkins on 8th Street. But don't go to her. I don't want to have to compete with you for appointments.
Yesterday was the dreaded appointment. I had to wait about an hour and a half to see the doctor. I won't switch doctors again though. I have an ultrasound on Monday to look for polyps. I worrying about the wait more than I am about the outcome of the bloodwork or ultrasound! =)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have had some bad experiences. I LOVED my first doctor, but she had to up and decide to be a stay at home mom. The nerve. The doctor I have now was the one who delivered Leah and she's okay. The one thing I didn't like? Someone walked in the room to ask her a question DURING one of my exams. What were they thinking? THAT was weird and really just weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't they have the sensitivity chip? I would hope any exam "down there" would be accompanied by a scalp massage and harpists, but I guess that's not realistic.

    ReplyDelete