Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pizza sauce

My pizza sauce bombed. Sorry Tom! Apparantly, I performed onion overkill. I thought it was good, but sometimes when you work on something for so long and taste test it over and over, your perception is distorted. I guess if I had left the onions out, it would have tasted more like pizza sauce rather than really oniony-spaghetti sauce. I can hear Tom right now, "Why didn't you just BUY pizza sauce?"
Well, I ordered it with extra sauce, but it did not arrive that way.
Um, so did anyone see the truly disgusting video on YouTube with the two Domino's employees that did evil stuff to some cheese sticks? Apparantly the woman filming the whole thing was 31 years old. I didn't see it, but I heard about it on the radio. Dominos expects a significant profit loss. If anyone has ever worked in the restaurant industry, I think you either just get over it or never eat food that has been prepared by other people. I choose to ignore the health hazards of restaurants, but I really enjoy cooking at home anyway. So I think we've lowered our health risks. Has anyone read waiter rant? It's excellent perspective. Funny. waiterrant.net

2 comments:

  1. So what's the main difference between pizza sauce and pasta sauce anyway? The spices? Yeah, I just buy mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya know--good point. I'm not sure. I had all the ingredients to make the sauce from a recipe I found on the web, so I decided to wing it instead of going to the grocery store. Can we say "mistake" in a real sing-song kindof voice. =)

    ReplyDelete