Friday, August 28, 2009

photos of the construction

Can you believe they build these homes so quickly?! I was thrilled to see the stonework in place and the brick finished. I guess the extra brick will be for the mailbox and porch/walk? I dunno; but Tom and I have complete confidence in the construction team. They are very professional both with the communication back and forth and their efficiency in planning. We have thrown a couple of curves at them, and it couldn't have been a more seamless process.

The arched entrance and windows are so adorable. I appreciate all the details that I would normally overlook, but seeing it go up is so much fun. I'm shocked at all the changes that happen when I miss a couple days of driving by there.
I don't think the windows are arched in the back of the home, but they are SUPER big. They bottom out only a few inches above the floor. Our closing date is coming up in about 5 weeks. Come on OCTOBER 11! ...and a special thanks to Tom for making the phone call to our leasing manager today. I'm so glad I have the expert diplomat and negotiator as my hubby!

5 comments:

  1. I've told you before, but.... IT's BEAUTIFUL!!! I just love the stone and the BIG windows. That's just fantastic. Can't wait till Oct 11th either so you guys can get in there! Hope the planning and building and decorating and moving and all the other "stuff" continues to move along smoothly! Love ya' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree that the stone work is outstanding! It makes the house look elegant! I'm sure the finished product will be worth talking about for months.
    Auntie Phiss

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Dear, I think the brick is really nice. The different colors in it make it look exceptional. What I am really overwhelmed by is the stone mixed with the brick. It takes a nice house to a very tailored special looking house. I love stone and I think it was added very nicely.

    I wish I had internet at the farm. I miss getting the updates immediatly. I can not wait!

    Very stylish look to a beautiful home. Way to go!

    Love you My "Excited Sweetie", Mom (I am with you there!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am such a huge fan of stone! The house looks fabulous, Andrea!

    Wooohoooo!!! Just a few more weeks, girl!

    ReplyDelete