Tuesday, August 11, 2009

7132 Mesilla Lane, Fort Worth, 76131

We will be moving into this house in October! Of course, this is contingent upon all sorts of things, but barring any catastrophes, 7132 Mesilla Lane is our new address. I'm cautiously very, very excited.
My sister and I went to look at the lot and the progress being made to the house. Thanks for sending this picture to me, Danell! Since it was so very HOT, we decided to explore the model home and leave the house to the very tired experts. (Notice the two men crashed out in the garage area.)
It's a DRHorton community called the Santa Fe Enclave. It's 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 2 car garage, and located 9 miles north of where we live now. It's at Basswood and I-35, (near Western Center Blvd) and it's a beautiful place. I'm so very proud that Tom found this community.
This is the front of the model home. Tom and I will be working on the landscaping for a very long time. More honestly, Tom will be working on the gardening and landscaping. I'll be trying to figure out how to clean all this space! What a fun change. We have a park, fishing pond, and community pool within walking distance. I can imagine me and the dogs will be playing all day long, and OOPS! sorry, honey forgot to make dinner, clean the house, or do any of my housewife responsibilities. =)
Nah, I'll be a good girl. With my sister's help, I'll figure out how to prioritize my tasks, and learn how to keep everything tidy. She's able to do it with three kids; I should be able to keep it clean with no ankle biters around. I could always just invite Mom over. She would probably instinctively start cleaning as soon as she walks through the front door. She's an excellent housekeeper.

These two pictures of the framing were taken just a week ago. It's amazing how quickly they put together these homes. Danell, thanks so much for taking the time to drive all the kids and dogs out there. It made me very proud. I love you!

Tom--thank you for working so very hard --especially the past few years-- to earn the cash we needed to make this dream home a reality!

6 comments:

  1. how beautiful and wonderful. i am so happy for you guys! what a blessing for you both, good luck, i'm sure you can't wait for the next few weeks to zip by.

    nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!! Great post ;) You'll do fine with cleaning the house and having fun with the boys, too! I'm so excited for you... can't wait to see what it will look like finished! Yea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! How much fun! I am so happy for you and Tom on this beautiful home. Plus having all of the perks...pool, park, etc. I know that you will enjoy all of the decorating.

    Congratulations!

    Auntie Phiss

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS!

    (now I have to think of something to say!)

    WOW! (is that good enough?)

    I can not believe this news Andrea, My Sweet! This is GREAT!

    You will do so good with YOUR house. As you always did so nicely with the apartment, it will always be special because it is YOU and TOM'S! Anything you put your time, energy, and money into will be for YOU. How nice.

    Can you tell your Mom is excited for you?

    I am very proud of Tom for doing this for his family. Very nice, good job Tom!

    Love you all, Mom

    Did I say WOW?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mom! Let me know when you are in town; we could have lunch and visit the house if you would like to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YIPEEEEEEE!!! Oh so exciting!!! Can't wait to see the progress. Take lots of pictures. ;)

    ReplyDelete