Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Color/Pattern selections for the house

Our home began to look more official since they started bricking it last Friday.
These are the selections we made. The brick is reddish, so we went with the front door being a mahogany color. The door color is on the far right in the above picture. It's the sample at the bottom of that thing.
The paint colors are gonna be that greenish/gray for the bathrooms and the latte color for most of the living areas with a white crown moulding trim, and a basic cream color for other walls.
The cabinets are gonna be that dark brown color at the top of the photo above. The granite counter tops are 3 mm thick and that light-ish color that will offset the dark cabinets. The thing to the right of that is the "standard" paint color. Then there's the carpet. I upgraded twice for the carpet, but not the padding. The carpet is super soft and just a basic beige.
The tile is beneath the carpet in this last picture. I think it's all going to work out. The more I look at it, the more I like it. I thought I had chosen everything too dark, but now I think it'll be beautimous. =)

9 comments:

  1. everything looks awesome! i love the tile! are the boys good on tile?

    blessings,

    nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the colors you picked are perfect. Please come help me pick my color of paint for my rooms! Are you meaning the crown moulding will be creamish? My only question is why white if you are doing the rest of the house in natural colors.

    See ya in the morning chickadee!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW....LOVE the granite! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, the removal was a misspelled word! (Can not take it, although sometimes I am a good girl and let it slide, it is hard!)

    Now for the blog:

    From what I see in the pictures, I think your color scheme is really nice. You didn't say anything about the crown molding in this blog. Is it going to be white white or are you going with off white? - Whatever, that last picture combination is gorgeous. I am getting excited for you toooo!

    Maybe next week we can do another fabulous lunch and house view?

    Loving my "Decorating Daughter", Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your choices!!! I am a huge fan of dark wood and you are going to adore granite countertops. The white molding will set off all the creams very nicely.

    You have great tastes, Andrea!

    Love,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a positive answer Marsha gave. I bet her house is adorable.

    Be positive when you make your final choices and don't be swayed from thinking yours was not the best.

    Have a GREAT day my "Best Decorator" Daughter.
    I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for another post about the house! I like the paint colors and soft carpet sounds oh so wonderful :) Granite countertops are going to be fantastic... so they're bricking the house now! That's so exciting and for you to be able to see the whole process and follow everything is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The house is fantastic. Paint tomorrow, whoo hoo! I can't wait to see it all put together. It looks great already!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete