Thursday, October 15, 2009

Installations/deliveries make for goofy days

Mallory and Artimus provide a great distraction to the constant flow of traffic through the new house.
Here's Mallory "guarding" the front yard.

Packing and moving creates tension and stress simply from lack of sleep and striving to stay organized. However, we've all done it before, and so at least I knew what I was getting into. Add a new puppy and housetraining and socialization on top of that, and I had stepped into a new world of sleep and shower deprivation.

We completed the move, and I think I've covered all the change of addresses; all the utilities are switched over to our name.

So, now I'm in the phase of installations and deliveries. I am officially in over my head. I have trouble scheduling then occasionally the companies we've hired have not been able to complete their jobs on time, so it rolls over to other days with other scheduling mishaps destined to occur.

I think it may have quit raining, so we can at least put an end to the poop garden we have in the backyard; Mallory hates her crate less and less each day, so we might be turning the corner. The four-legged kids are beginning to cooperate with feeding times and pooping times, and they certainly have adjusted very well to all the extra space.

Thanks to everyone who has visited so far! Karen brought me lunch the day after we moved...thank goodness or I may have forgotten to eat. Wait, me? No way, I wouldn't have forgotten, but I would have ended up eating beans right out of the can just to avoid cooking or finding a spoon. Thanks for the Shandry's, Karen!! She also brought Mallory's sister, Fenway, to check the place out. Their favorite game was wrestling on the bed. Too cute! Thanks to Danell and Mom for being so supportive. Danell brought some great housewarming gifts from Pier One! Mom helped out with the kids, and brought a big tub of prunes from Costco. Linda stopped by this morning to bring me Starbucks and some very sinful breakfast yummies. Linda, thanks for taking time out from your unbelievably busy work schedule to come see the house. You made me feel very special.

Every day has been wildly different, so I'm excited to get back into a routine, which I imagine will be around Thanksgiving, and then who has holidays that are "routine." Oh well, it's been fun. We will have our main furniture delivered in about 12 days, so the house will feel more like home very, very soon.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting post! I cannot wait to see your new furniture :) Thanks for having us over even though everything is still crazy/busy, we had fun!

    (PS-Mom brought dates, way better than prunes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are getting settled!

    One question though... why do you need costco sized prunes? I mean, I think they can be tasty and all, but still... Maybe you should answer that.

    ;)

    Love ya,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy you made a stir by giving my gift the wrong name! ha,ha!

    As Danell said, they are "way better" than prunes, and so much sweeter.

    I enjoyed that busy day with you all.

    Looking forward to seeing all the funiture as you will have it placed. Will be a fun time again!

    (I will have to bring lunch.)

    Love you, my "Hurricane Honey", Mom

    ReplyDelete