Saturday, January 2, 2010

treadmill

Artimus and Gollum walk on the treadmill for exercise; since we lived in the apartment, it was a necessary evil. I guess it was a necessary blessing. Either way, they learned to love it and would ASK to walk on the treadmill knowing they would get a treat when they were finished. Over the summer and during our move, it wasn't something that we've reinforced. Dogs forget how to do stuff if they aren't reminded. So, for the first time, I had to use the leashes to retrain them to walk on the treadmill. This was a great introduction for Mallory. She doesn't trust the treadmill yet, and she doesn't understand it.

4 comments:

  1. I love to see the video's.

    Smart kids pick up on things fast.

    Lovin' the "fit family", MomGrandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I worked at the UNT Health Science Center during summer break, I actually got PAID to walk dogs on a treadmill. Only bad part was if they pooped, it went flying! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool . . . the kids ask to see it over and over.

    hope your holidays went well

    nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, have they started asking to use the treadmill again? Since I've personally seen this, I can definitely say it is very cute and such a neat way for the boys to get their exercise!

    ReplyDelete